2009年8月11日 星期二

Making sentences 48 days left

1. get off: leave a bus/ an airplane/ a train/ a subway (all of the transportation in which you can stand up)
After three more stops I'll need to get off, because the stop is the nearest one to my school.
2. get on: enter a bus' an airplane/ a train/ a subway (all of the transportation in which you can stand up)
We need to get on Bus 101 to the Taipei City Zoo.
3. get out of: leave a car, a taxi (all of the transportation in which you can't stand up)
We are getting out of the taxi at next block.
4. get over: recover from an illness or a shock
Suzanne has got over the serious flu.
5. get together (with): join, meet
Let's find some time to get together again.
6. get through (with): finish
I can't leave now; I still have lots of work to get through
7.get up: get out of bed in the morning
My brother usually gets up early to exercise before going to work.
8. give away: donate, get rid of by giving
My mom gave away some old clothes for people who need them.
9. give back: return sth to sb
Don't forget to give my money back this Friday.
10. give up: quit doing sth or quit trying
You shouldn't give up learning English. You will gain a lot from it.



標籤:

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁