2009年7月25日 星期六

My views on a short story ---PFH66, 62 DAYS LEFT

key words: sandwiches, married, wife, loaf, bread, enough

In this short story, a worker uesd to make his own sandwiches before he got married. But, after getting married, he didn't need to make sandwiches by himself any longer. His wife did. However, things seemed to go wrong day after day. He told his wife there weren't enough slices of bread to eat. So, his wife simply add more and more slices of bread to one sandwich every day(I think). In the end, his wife even cut a loaf of bread into two big slices and put a big piece of meat in it. But, the worker still complained that two slices of bread weren't enough for him to eat. I think what I found out from this story is misunderstanding between the man and his wife. I guess the man just wanted more sandwiches instead of one with lots of slices of bread and he didn't say it clearlier to his wife. And that's why she made mistakes again and again.

(It seems that I still can't write what I want to express fluently and use words properly in my writing. If you are reading this article and could do me a favor to give me some advice, I'll appreciate you very very much! )

標籤:

1 個意見:

Blogger Mahdi 提到...

Hi Tom; because we are going the same way i thought some tips might be useful:
line1)had used to: you don't need to use past perfect because you have "before".
line3) have a wife: i don't think you can use "have" with "wife" (my suggestion: "after having a new wife--> getting married for the second time)
line6) day after days---> "day after day"
line8) put....on ---> add (sth) to sth
last line) mistake kept on happening: something in this sentence is wrong! I think you should reconsider and rewrite it in different form because we don't say: "mistake happens" instead--> "make a mistake"
I hope these are helpful. we can help each other to improve our knowledge and I expect the same from you. (and please change the language of your blog!!!)
good luck

2009年7月25日 下午6:19  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁