2009年4月12日 星期日

Ways to promote the tourist business in Taiwan written in 2008

When it comes to promoting tourist business in Taiwan, it is always difficult to answer because there are so many different ways to discuss. Some people may say that building new facilities for tourists to visit is the best ways to boost Taiwan’s tourism while other people might say that preserving old buildings or scenic spots is the most ideal one. I have come to my own point of view on this issue as well. In my opinion, both of these ways are suitable to promote Taiwan’s tourism.

First, building new facilities in one nation has always been able to make people around the world feel that the nation is such a creative and modern place that it is worth spending time and money to go on a trip there. This not only can enhance the nation’s image to the whole world but also make the population in this nation feel proud of themselves. Take Taipei 101 for example, when I took my foreign friends to visit Taipei 101 last year, they were very surprised that in such a disadvantageous construction condition, Taiwanese could unexpectedly build the highest skyscraper in the world! This made me feel pride of my people.

Second, preserving old buildings or scenic spots is also a good way to help promote Taiwan’s tourism. Not only can it help our next generation learn more about history, but also attract foreign tourists to visit. Take Torako Gorge in the west of Taiwan for instance. This summer my brother drove my Canada friend and me to Torako Gorge. While we were going on a hike there, both my friend and I were moved by the marvelous view. From my brother’s explanation, we also learned a lot history about how this highway was built. After the trip, my friend said he will take his family to visit this wonderful place again. These two experiences have deeply influenced my point of views on this issue.

That is not to say, of course, that the other ways to promote the tourism in Taiwan are without merit. Some people may argue that spending more money on advertising is more beneficial for Taiwan’s tourist business. Nevertheless, for the reasons I have presented above, I believe that my opinion is more valid.

標籤:

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁