2009年3月27日 星期五

Reversed: My Winter Vacation

When it comes to having a winter vacation, I believe that no one, especially students, will say no to it. Neither do I, of course. Because of a special visitor’s coming, my winter vacation of 2009 was definitely one of the most unforgettable ones in my whole life. By showing my American friend, Council, around Taipei, not only did he learn how energetic the life in Taiwan is, but I had a chance meeting some interesting people as well.

In those days, we enjoyed a cultural and knowledgeable travel to the National Palace Museum, an adventurous journey to Taipei Zoo, and a must-see and breathtaking spot, Taipei 101, the tallest building around the world. Besides these daily sightseeing, we also had a great time hanging out at night to some famous spots like night markets in Shihlin and Huahsi streets to take a variety of local snacks a try and going to coffee shops to talk about everyone’s unforgettable traveling experiences.

During this trip, I also met two of Council’s friends. The first friend is a well-known poet and is very familiar to me because I have read his work “A Beautiful Mistake” when studying at high school. Both Council and I were really lucky to be able to have a lunch with him and to listen to him read the sentimental poem for us. Wasn’t it great? In addition to meeting this respectful poet, we went to the Studio Classroom magazine company to meet the other friend, Fiona, who works as an English teacher there. When being introduced to her, I was quite excited about being able to shake hands with the teacher whom I can see on TV every day. After she showed us around the studio, all of us learned lots about the complicated progress of making TV programs. It’s always been a great thing for me to make friends with people from various careers.

Thanks to my friend’s visit, not only did this winter break make me experience both American relaxing life style and Taipei’s busy life style at the same time, but I also had chances to get acquainted with his two nice friends. All of these has made this year’s winter vacation no doubt to be the greatest one I’ve ever had.

標籤:

1 個意見:

Anonymous 匿名 提到...

Hello Tom
i am here to say hello to you.i am Desmond.

2009年3月27日 晚上11:13  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁