2009年4月2日 星期四

What should we consider when choosing our majors? Why?

When reflecting on people's opinions about choosing majors, it is important to take two basic points of view into consideration. Some people say that we should follow our own interests while others say that it depends on the future development of the majors we choose. I have also come to my own conclusion. I think both of these important considerations are very considerable.

The first consideration I think we need to pay more attention to is our own interests. People always can do very well on things they are interested in. Take David Beckham, one of the excellent football players around the world, for instance. When he was six, he showed great interest in football. By keeping on practicing on and on for years in Manchester United football club, he led the team, for three year in succession, to the victory of winning European Football Champions, and has become one of the most successful players."Doing what you're good at and doing what you love"is his secret of success.

The second consideration that I would like to mention is the future development of the majors we are about to choose. It's always important for us to find out how the majors will develop because studying the right majors often has a lot to do with great success in our future careers. One of my friends Ryan, for example, knew nothing about what he was going to study before choosing his major, ending up with learning nothing when graduating and changing his jobs all the time due to the lack of professional abilities. Both of these examples have deeply influenced my point of view on this issue.

That's not to say, of course, that the other answers are completely without merit. I'm sure there are many things that I have failed to mention. However, I believe that the reasons I have provided in favor of my point of view are the most valid.

標籤:

2 個意見:

Anonymous 匿名 提到...

hello

i tatally agree with your perspective and
that is a quite nice argument. Desmond

2009年4月7日 中午12:32  
Anonymous Mo 提到...

hello,

you should konw who i am

haha

you're so perfect

your blog is all in English

i can't do that like you

haha

2009年4月8日 晚上10:29  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁