2009年3月29日 星期日

The writing and speaking test of GEPT

Yesterday was Saturday, the day I got to take the second part of GEPT in order to pass it. There were two parts in yesterday's test, writing and speaking. Like most participants, my heart beat faster and faster as the test time got closer and closer. Even thought most friends of mine and I believe that passing the Intermediate of GEPT isn't a big problem to me, after all I studied aboad before, the writing and speaking part of it is still the main reason I didn't dare to take the test as early as possible. I always work hard every day to let English input to my brain, but I forgot to output English from my brain totally! It's really no good for a English learner not to pracice expressing his or her own thoughts in English regularly. So that's why I set up this new blog for myself to force myself write down something once in a while. I know I am not good enough at both of speaking and writing. However, by posting my writing on my blog frequently, some other days, I believe my writing skills will become better and better.
Beside writing constantly, I learned some other strategies of improving writing skill from a book called " How to prepare for the TOEFL essay". In the book, the author gives 9 strategies to students to follow.
1. Paying attention when you read and trying to imatating the modles of good writings.
2. Read more to build your vocabulary and your understanding of the ways ideas are expressed.
3. Write as much as you can. Starting from describing what you see aboud you by writing easy sentences.
4. taking a notebook with you to record you thoughts and your writing.
5. Keeping a journal(=diary). Record the events of the day
6. Taking notes when events happen. Reread your notes ad turn them into sentences. Ture sentences into paragraphs.
7. Write every day. Spend five minutes a day writing, and do it faithfully (=regularly) every day. Once a week, assign yourself a topic and write an essay in thirty minutes.
8. Go back over your writing frequetly. Use the blank page to experiment with different ways of expressing the same idea.
9. When you rewrite, imagine you are writing for a diffenrent audience.
All of the above strategies are excellen. I have made up my mind keeping on following them forever.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁